Healthy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes Low Carb
Many vegetarians think that it is an impossible task to meet a list of dietary requirements. Conventional low-carb diets are not suitable for them since the diets rely heavily on meat. These recipes involve replacing starches and sugar with meat, vegetables, eggs, fish, fats and nuts. However, they can still follow a low-carb diet even if they do not eat meat. This article discusses some healthy vegetarian dinner recipes low carb that can help them to do it.
Why follow a low-carb diet?
Several recent studies have revealed that low-carb diets can help people lose weight even without calorie counting. The main reason supporting this finding is that the diets can considerably reduce one’s appetite, making him or her to eat fewer calories without much struggle to eat less.
Low-carb diets also tend to reduce harmful belly fat significantly and are very efficient in reducing triglycerides and raising the “good” HDL cholesterol. Besides, they tend to lower blood sugar levels as well as lowering the blood pressure. Furthermore, the diets offer numerous health benefits to people with metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and certain neurological disorders.
Types of vegetarians
Nutritionists classify vegetarians into several different types, but none of them eats fish or meat. Vegans and Lacto-Ovo vegetarians are the two most common types. Vegans do not consume any product derived from animals, but Lacto-Ovo vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products.
Animal-derived foods to include in a healthy vegan dinner recipes for a low carb diet
• Eggs: They are extremely low in carbs. It is recommendable to choose omega-3-enriched, pastured, or free-range ages.
• Yogurt and kefir: People should find versions that are unsweetened, full fat, and with additional probiotic benefits.
• Grass-fed butter: Studies show that grass-fed cows produce healthy butter, and fine to include on a low-carb dinner recipe.
• Cheese: Many vegans use this product in all sorts off recipes due to its highly nutrient dense and taste.
Plants foods to include in healthy vegetarian dinner recipes for a low carb diet
• Vegetables: Many vegetables such as tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, onions, bell peppers and eggplant are low in carbs.
• Fruits: People can eat certain fruits such as blueberries and strawberries on a low-carb dinner.
• Fatty fruits: Olives and avocados are incredibly healthy due to high-fat content but low in carbs.
• Nuts and seeds: Almonds, macadamia, peanuts, walnuts, and pumpkins are high in fat and protein butt low in carbs.
Other low-carb foods from plants include:
• Soy such as tempeh and tofu
• Legumes, including chickpeas and green beans
• Healthy fats, including the extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil
• Dark chocolate with high cocoa content